McKay & Co was in created in Paris in 1969 by Brendan P. McKay, a member of the Faculty of Advocates of Edinburgh, and of the Paris Bar.
Contrary to the current trend, McKay & Co deliberately opted to remain independent and maintain a concentrated, accessible and very reactive structure, in order to provide its clients and partners with an efficient and personal service, with the aim to build a long-term trusting relationship.
In addition to its natural competence within its French homeland, McKay & Co developed, over the years and thanks to its strong knowledge of the cultural, commercial and legal differences between France and foreign countries, solid and privileged relationships with a large number of law firms abroad, more particularly in the United Kingdom, the United States and Asia.
McKay & Co provides assistance to companies and to their managers :
- With the company formation process : bylaws, shareholders agreements, commercial leases, service agreements, trademarks,
- With the management of their day-to-day business : contract negotiating, general legal advice and follow-up,
- For their exceptional transactions : capital restructuring, investments, disposals, mergers, restructuring...
- In the framework of the company’s growth : international development, setting up of subsidiaries, acquisitions, conclusion of commercial contracts, financing, fund raising...
- With the management of disputes : commercial litigation, shareholders’ disputes, employment issues ...
- With their risk management : delegation of powers, professional and industrial risks.
Our strength : our constant availability, our strong reactivity, personal long-term relations, a pragmatic approach, a good knowledge and understanding of Anglo-Saxon culture, high added-value services, fair and adapted fees.